Prayer Quotes: Talk to God & Hear Him
Prayer quotes from people who listened to the meditation exercise.
1. Be yourself, because I'm your higher power not your alcoholic disease. You will have no more worries if you let this happen to you. 2. He told me to trust in Him, and to help others learn to do the same. Help others as He helps me.
3. Have faith and gratitude. He will give strength and will power. I will know when it's time.
4. I'm going to tell people there really is a God for you are here with me now and tell people you are here to help people with their problems.
5. Stay close to me. Love me, for you shall save your soul.
6. God wants me to give Him my will, my faith, and my unconditional love.
7. To devote all of myself to Him.
8. Stay with the recovery program!
9. Be kind, things are going to work out. You have a future.
10. Accept Me into your life again. Keep me near to you and let my will be done.
11. I can love you by trusting you, that you have something good in store for me, even though at times I will have bad days, but you do that so I can learn from my mistakes. Also, so I don't have to be scared about dying or where I'm going to be when I die. I have to accept that you do care about me.
12. Just be myself, kind, and pray for others.
13. I want you to follow Me, put your trust in Me. I will take care of you. Love yourself and others.
14. Just give yourself to me. Follow my will and not yours. Trust me.
15. Love Me child and follow Me,
Love yourself and feel yourself flourish,
Trust Me and trust yourself
Feel the happiness of life and smile
Shed tears of joy.
Love Me and learn from Me
the happiness of loving yourself
That is the most loving thing
you can do.
Share your happiness and love with others.
16. To be yourself--to show your real feelings and quit hiding behind anger--hate--to find peace within yourself.
17. He was showing me scenes of something. He wrote in the dirt with His finger. I would like it if I didn't have to share what He said.
18. Accept who you are. Learn to feel comfortable with yourself. Expect nothing more and nothing less.
19. Accept me as your God and give up your will to mine.
20. You must not try to follow after me. The force that asks you to follow your past is not mine, it is your own force. The perfectness of your ways, your soul, will make you realize that no other thing in your time has made you fully want to follow in that thing's way. The thought could have occurred that you wanted to be just like them or it, but a turn off or default changed your mind. You must want complete satisfaction. You must want to help others communicate that, even though they are being put down or neglected. There is something satisfactory that they feel good about themselves sometimes. That goodness is their reflection that all others disregard in seeing, and therefore makes them not see that there is some good inside of you!
21. Listen, serve, forgive yourself, and forgive all who hurt you. Pay more attention to me. I love you.
22. By staying sober for the rest of my life.
23. Get along with your mom. Say you’re sorry to her for all of the bad times, and forgive her for all that she has done wrong.
24. Live with the Spirit
Live a life you were put on earth to live
Learn to love yourself and others
Help those who want to help themselves
25. Stay sober and be a good and understanding husband and father.
Experience an 18 minute meditation to hear God.
How God answers prayers
God promises to answer your prayers, but sometimes you may not understand why you didn’t get exactly what you asked for. God will take care of you and give you exactly what you need at any point in time. God could not give you everything you ask for because you might ask for something that might ultimately hurt you. Martin Luther said it this way, "The granting of our prayer is to be defined that God does not always do what we desire but does what is beneficial for us. For since God is good, He can give nothing but what is good. However, we often ask for our children, often for our friends, often for ourselves, not what is good, but what seems to us to be good. In such cases God grants our prayer even when He does not do what we ask. This is why in the Lord's Prayer we pray for the hallowing of the name of the Lord, for the coming of God's kingdom, and for the fulfilling of His will, before we pray for our own concerns and the necessities of this life, that in such matters God may do, not what seems good to us but what is good" (Martin Luther 1959 volume. 11 p. 1096).
Prayer should be a two-way conversation. "If we are to listen to God, we must be quiet and let Him do the talking" (Stanley 1985 p. 81). Many believers have had difficulty doing this, thinking that God spoke only to the prophets. Abraham Heschel asks "Would God, who desires our friendship, stop communicating with us? If you had a choice, would you only communicate with your friends a little, or not at all?” That doesn't make any sense. Jesus answered this question clearly when He stated, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God…”(Luke 11:28).
Wouldn't God, who created you to love, want an intimate relationship with you? Wouldn't He want to communicate with His child? It's incredible to think that God created people for a relationship with Him and then stopped talking.
In his book, The Spirit of the Disciplines, Dallas Willard 1988 explains that spiritual life consists of interacting with God. There is a spiritual side of life that you will not completely understand. Only God and the other wholly spiritual beings understand this reality. Many individuals have tried to describe this reality but it is elusive. It seems to exist just beyond our senses. This is the arena of the mystic that I will describe later in more detail. The best teacher in the spiritual arena is God Himself. God will teach you exactly what you need to know as you move along your spiritual journey. God will not rush you or frighten you, He knows the best way for you to go. As you walk on the spiritual journey with God you will feel great peace. If you get off track and back to your own plan, you will be right back to the confusion.
Test the Communication
There are several ways to confirm that the communications come from God. This is called testing the spirits. Compare the communication with scripture. God will never disagree with himself, and he has spoken in the Bible. Check out the communication with other believers. Some have the gift of discernment. A prayer group or clergy person may be willing to help. If you need a direct test of the communication open the bible randomly and read where ever your eye hits on the page. Three things will be revealed at some point you as you read:
1. A feeling of peace.
2. The hurdle or hurdles between you and God.
3. The action you can take today to begin your new spiritual journey.
Discipline yourself to communicate with God every day. Things are not going to get right in your life until you spend quality time with God. Get a pad of paper and a pen and put it beside your bed. Every morning ask God, "God, what do you have to say to me today." Put the pen to the paper. Words will come, and when they do, write them down. It might be a word or two, a sentence or two, or a page or two. You will know when the communication is done. It is your responsibility to carry out what God tells you to do that day. This is the way to be happy, joyous and free.
Discover the Purpose For Your Life
As you continue your communications with God a time will come when he will tell you the plan for your life. This plan will awaken the seed completely and you will be given great power to carry the plan out. This plan will seem so fantastic that you will know that you are incapable of doing it. Remember, if you use God's power, you can do anything. With God all things are possible. All you have to do is take one step at a time and God will make the plan come true.
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11)
Find a Spiritual Friend
It is important to ask a spiritual friend to help you. If you don't do this, evil will fool you and you will get lost. This person must be someone who is further along on the spiritual journey. Pray for this person to come into your life. Find a place of worship where you feel accepted. Tell your spiritual friend everything that happens between you and God. Share the details of your journey.
If you genuinely tried the exercises suggested here, you have made your first conscious contact with God. Don't stop! There are many more ways to hear God's voice. You can improve your relationship with God. You have a long journey ahead of you. This new adventure with God will give you happiness beyond your wildest dreams. I'm sure you can't wait to get going and learn more about how to hear God's voice. He wants to answer your questions and welcome you home.
Tools to help you along the spiritual journey.
This book teaches all the details about how how to communicate with God .
A Communication From God: A meditation tape that gives you your first long conversations with God.
Peace will Come: Let this spiritual music sink into your soul and heal you. Learn every word and sing along.
For more information go to www.robertperkinson.com.
Never forget that God has chosen you to change human history. All of the pain that you have been through has shaped you for this moment in time. You are ready to begin your mission. If this site has helped you, please do three things to help us:
(1) Pray for us as we reach out to the world.
(2) Tell everyone you know that God is talking in a new way.